July 29, 2015
Microsoft Corp. announced today that Windows 10 is now available as a free upgrade or with new PCs and tablets.
From an enterprise perspective, Microsoft said “feedback from millions of IT pros has shaped Windows 10 …”
Now available for corporate deployments, the company said businesses will be able to control the frequency of their updates and select the features and functionality that are right for each group of their employees.
Windows 10 includes built-in, enterprise-grade security, so customers can replace passwords with more secure options, protect corporate data and corporate identities, and run only the software they trust, it added.
According to Microsoft, new management and deployment tools simplify device management, help lower costs, and enable companies to power their business with the enterprise strength of the Microsoft Azure cloud.
For business customers, Windows 10 is available to start deploying within their work environments, and starting Aug. 1, organizations that have volume licensing can upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.
Meanwhile, enterprise mobility management software vendor SOTI Inc. today introduced MobiControl 12.3 and introduced same-day support for Windows 10, as well as the integration of Apple’s Volume Purchasing Program and additional updates to Android for Work.
As organizations transform themselves by integrating mobility across all aspects of their business, the ability to perform deep device management is vital,” the Mississauga, Ont. firm said.
“With Microsoft’s goal of converting 1 billion devices to its newest Windows 10 operating system, SOTI is now able to align all operating systems across all devices, eliminating the need for multiple management systems across multiple device types or operating systems.”
SOTI MobiControl 12.3 delivers the following for businesses deploying Windows 10:
* Package Deployment – IT can deploy software and data packages to Windows devices and leverage custom scripting capability for advanced policy controls.
* Enterprise File Sync – Enterprise content can be synced seamlessly between enterprise repositories and Windows 10 devices.
* Remote Help Desk Suite — IT administrators can initiate full remote control sessions with desktop devices (PCs, laptops) running Windows 10.
* Location Services – MobiControl’s location services technology is now available to locate and track Windows laptops and tablets.
* Data Collection – MobiControl can run diagnostics and collect real-time data from Windows 10 devices, including device status, location, and configurable custom data.