November 12, 2014
Artificial intelligence, the power of big data analytics, the maker revolution, the next generation of intelligent machines (including a display of new breed of robot, Roboy) will be among the topics headlining the agenda of the upcoming Leadership Summit on the Future, which will kick-start debate at the upcoming ITU Telecom World 2014 in Doha, Qatar, Dec. 7-10.
The speaker line-up which includes:
* Rolf Pfeifer: An authority on robotics and artificial intelligence, speaking on the next generation of intelligent machines and our lives with robots. Creator of Roboy.
* Yuri van Geest: Global leader on singularity, the concept of machines becoming more powerful than humans, speaking on the need for exponential organizations in exponential times
* Rita McGrath: Globally recognized expert on business strategy in uncertain and volatile environments, speaking on the need for a new approach to strategy in an era of cross-sector partnerships and the end of competitive advantage
* Simon Torrance: Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global ICT Agenda Council and creator of the Telco 2.0 Initiative, calling for creative co-innovation in the digital age
* Rohit Talwar: Award-winning futurist speaker and strategist, debating the transformative drivers of change over the next decade and how governments can prepare for a hyper-connected future.
Speaking of the Leadership Summit on the Future, ITU Secretary-General Hamadoun I. Toure said: “This summit comprises a unique gathering of expert futurists who will present the challenges and opportunities of key ICT-based technologies and developments set to shape our world,” said ITU secretary-general Hamadoun I. Toure. “It is a platform for policy-makers and industry leaders to explore the far-reaching impact, the enormous potential for good, and the possible unintended consequences of so much technological change coming together simultaneously, in order to inform and adapt their policies, models and strategies.”