The 2010 Winter Games network supported the communications needs of an estimated 250,000 visitors, almost 6,50...
March 2, 2010
The 2010 Winter Games network supported the communications needs of an estimated 250,000 visitors, almost 6,500 athletes and officials, 50,000 staff and volunteers, and more than 10,000 members of the Canadian and international media, Bell Canada says.
The company, which was the exclusive telecommunications partner for the 2010 Winter Olympics, has released the following statistics about a network that handled a trillion packets of data and 90 million minutes of mobile voice traffic:
* Total mobile data count was 30 million megabytes
* 65 million mobile text messages were sent and received
* 750,000 calls made from 6,000 landline VOIP phones
* 4.9 billion bytes of data delivered to the Internet on behalf of the
* 1.2 million metres of Cat5 cabling installed to support 31,000 Ethernet ports
* 300 million people visited www.vancouver2010.com, representing 1.1 billion